Tomorrow night is the first HOME winter event for Alex Tiger athletics. Our girls basketball team will be hosting the Muncie Central Bearcats. The JV Game will start at 6pm followed by the varsity game around 7:30.
Tickets will be sold at the door and are $6. Everyone who attends the game must buy a ticket.
We will only sell 250 tickets for tomorrow’s home game.
Here are our Spectator Guidelines for winter sports at Alexandria Jr/Sr High School
We are disappointed to announce that we will not sell a winter sports pass for basketball and wrestling. We were hoping to be in a better position as we moved into to the winter season but that is not the case.
The following spectator plan for athletic contests should be considered fluid based on local spread. We can and will adjust these protocols based on virus spread, direction from the Alexandria School Board and recommendations from the Madison County Health Department:
- Capacity will be limited to 25% seating capacity
- Face coverings will be required at all times for spectators
- Coaches and players will wear a mask whenever not engaged in physical activity
- Social distancing will be enforced in the bleachers and team benches
- The first few rows of bleachers courtside should remain empty
- Cheerleaders should be limited to home cheerleaders only
- Benches will be sanitized between games
- Signs that promote social distancing and the wearing of face coverings will be posted
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in multiple areas inside the gym
- Signs containing COVID-19 information will be posted at every entrance
- PA announcements concerning COVID-19 will be made regularly
- Multiple gym entrances will be used
- Event staff will wear a mask at all times
- Score table will be limited to essential personnel only
- Media access will be limited based on available space
- Spectators will leave the gym immediately at the conclusion of the contest
- Face masks and gloves for workers will be required at all times
- Food handlers will not touch cash
- Sanitizer will be available to workers and patrons
- Attendance of concession workers will be kept for contact tracing purposes
- All counter tops, equipment, coolers, and cooking/serving utensils will be sanitized regularly throughout the game
- No condiments or napkins will be set out for self service. Packages of condiments, napkins, and silverware will be handed to the customer
- Only prepackaged food will be served
- Social distancing will be encouraged while waiting in line
- For larger contests, satellite concession stands will be added